12.03.2007

New Glass

Last weekend I picked up a couple new toys for my arsenal. These bad boys are both awesome lenses and I can't wait to use them at a wedding! The 50mm 1.2 is replacing my trusty old 50mm 1.4, and is mostly used for detail shots and portraits. The buttery 1.2 aperture is so sweet and gives a look like no other lens can duplicate (except its cousin the 85mm 1.2). The 24mm 1.4 is am amazing wide angle lens, especially on the 5D. Most wide angles inherently have a large depth of field, so it is very hard to get background blur. This lens is definitely an exception. With a max aperture of 1.4, this baby can blur the background like no other wide angle can.

2 comments:

Jan Garcia said...

Nice, Dave! I'm jealous...maybe one day, I can step up to the plate :)

Anonymous said...

forgive me father for I am sinning...